Bird Taxidermy Training Course
Taxidermy 3 Day Bird Training Course Structure
- Beginner Taxidermy Training Course for those without any or with little experience
- High quality training in my village studio in Boston Spa West Yorkshire
- Items used will be jay or jackdaw for birds and grey squirrels for mammals as these give the best learning curve for beginners.
- Taxidermy & the Law learn all you need to know (inc log sheets and forms)
- Anatomy lesson clear learning through practical model building and step by step explanations.
- Use of measurements learn how to control all the most common mistakes.
- Skinning, Degreasing you will be shown all the necessary short cuts stage by stage
- Washing & Drying learn my techniques over 20 years of perfecting
- Making a Mannequin traditional bind up method is used (the most flexible) modern carving casting methods shown.
- Assembly stage by stage assembly giving the greatest control and simplicity and a procedure to help produce good results across all animals.
- Most important of all Modeling this most complex area covered in great detail
- Max 4 people with similar stage of achievement to make sure you get full attention and help
- What do you need to bring? all materials provided so that all you need to bring if you wish is is a note book, camera (but no sound or video recorder) and log or any other thing you would like your item to be mounted on
- You take home your finished piece
- Refreshments provided including light lunch for each day of the course
- Start 9.00 am to 4.30-5pm flexible to how we are doing
- Finishing techniques including decoration of bases
If you choose the mammal course, a copy of my Beginner Book on Small Mammal Taxidermy is included (you will get £50 refunded if you have already purchased this book).
I am working on a beginner book on Bird Taxidermy also and a more advanced book. this will be included with the bird course when completed and offered at a discount to past students.
Interested? Pay just 50% now to book a place
You can book any course and just pay 50% now and the remaining 50% to be paid when attending the course. Dates are worked out once four deposit cheque’s have been received.
By booking, you agree to the following:
If you wish to cancel or change dates, your deposit will be lost unless we are able to find someone to take your space, if we do fill your space, your deposit will be refunded or used towards the next course as appropriate less an administrative fee of £50.
If we do not manage to fill your space, the balance course fee is still payable which you should claim off your own insurance.